03 Oct Fast Track Course: Kaizen: Lean Concepts in the Laboratory
2.0 Contact hours ($19.99)
Greetings and Welcome to Kaizen in the Diagnostic Laboratory!
“Kaizen” is translated as change (“Kai”) for the better (“Zen”) refers to continuous small improvements. A Kaizen Event is a synergistic rapid improvement methodology focused on creating productive change by improving a process or family of processes by the use of Lean tools. Kaizen events are planned, prepared and conducted in alignment with the strategy, goals and objectives of the organization. The activity of a Kaizen Event is outlined in a project charter, a contract to direct activities of the team and the approach to change. Kaizen Events are conducted within a limited time frame and include knowledgable persons of trained individuals to carry out improvements in an environment that fosters innovation and creativity. In this course, we discuss the steps to achieve a productive continuous improvement environment by the use of a structured approach to Kaizen.
- At the end of this module the learner will be able to:
- Describe the meaning, process and application of a Kaizen event
- Explain the Lean tools used
- Demonstrate the process steps of a Kaizen Event
- As a part of this lesson, the learner will complete the following assignments:
- Several short instructional video presentations
- Quiz- 10 questions
- An assignment is not required as a part of this course