05 Oct Full-Course: From Data To Value
Welcome to the Course From Data.to Value!
8.0 Contact hours ($79.99)
This course illustrates how labs can use data to demonstrate their value in the healthcare continuum and contribute to reducing the total cost of care. Data is the tool by which labs can move out from a volume based, stagnating business model to that of a thriving, value-based business model. Before the data can be shaped in to a story that tells a tale of value, the lab has to restructure and redesign its systems that enable the collection, extraction, aggregation and interpretation of data. This course takes a systematic approach to designing systems that create value and ignite growth, with the ultimate goal of transparently positioning the lab as a strategic partner in achieving lower costs, higher quality of care and better patient engagement and satisfaction.
The objectives of the course, From Data. To Value., is to build an awareness of how data already present in the lab can be better leveraged and managed to drive financial and strategic decision-making.
Once the course is completed, the key takeaways will be:
- What’s required to build a system that accurately captures useable data
- Elements of setting up and maintaining databases that facilitate extraction of data
- Key examples of how to approach using data
- Thought process on what data can be used towards decision-making
- Presenting key data that captures attention and is relevant to executive leadership
This course includes:
- Reviewing multiple short video presentations
- Completing 2 quizzes (20 points each)
- Completing 2 critical thinking assignments (25 points each)
- Completing 2 reflection assignment questions (10 points each)